For many organisations, the optimum occupational health service is best delivered on-site.
For regular on-site delivery, BHSF Occupational Health will designate an experienced, qualified, occupational health advisor to undertake regular on-site visits as agreed. This will allow them to develop strong working relationships with management and employees, and to quickly become familiar with the workings of your organisation, policies and procedures, and therefore make a significant contribution to the wellbeing of your workforce.
On-site occupational health delivery can:
- Enable good relationships to be built
- Ensure consistency and continuity
- Reduce downtime as employees are only absent during their appointment time
- Allow for a wider range of services to be offered
- Reduce the impact of employee obstacles such as no travel
- Increase buy-in from both employees and unions
- Allow for greater flexibility in the services offered
Whilst on-site, an occupational health advisor will be able to provide advice and guidance to the HR and health and safety teams, and deliver a wide range of services including:
- Face-to-face management referral consultations
- New-starter medicals
- Health surveillance
- Workplace assessments
- Health and wellbeing initiatives, as well as other supporting activities