With most adults spending a substantial proportion of their daily lives in the workplace, employers can play a vital role in improving the health and wellbeing of the workforce. This may include ongoing workplace health promotion, raising awareness of particular health issues or supporting employees to make healthier lifestyle choices.
Our occupational health practitioners can develop specific health promotion campaigns, to help you maintain or improve the health of your employees. These can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your workforce and can take into account role, typical lifestyle, and age group. Health promotion campaigns can address issues such as:
- Management of mental health
- Smoking cessation
- Nutrition and healthy eating
- Focus on reducing obesity
- Exercise and fitness
- Exposure to the sun and adequate hydration
BHSF Occupational Health can also work with you to bring together company-wide health promotion communications.
In addition, we offer a range of training initiatives for both managers and employees, and these include:
- Stress management
- Coping strategies
- Work-life balance
- The role of occupational health and how to get the best out of it
- Specific customer issues
- Active working strategies for office staff, including standing and moving at work to encourage health and wellbeing, and improve productivity
Such training can be presented as information at wellbeing days, or alternatively, through a more structured approach, we can work with you to implement a training plan that also monitors changes in employee health, wellbeing and productivity.