Offshore medicals are medical assessments required by the oil & gas industry to ensure an individual's fitness to work in a specialist environment.
An offshore medical assesses the health of your workforce and ensures that:
- The hazards and processes that employees are exposed to whilst working overseas are not affecting their health
- An employee's health is not making them unfit to undertake certain work activities
BHSF Occupational Health's offshore medicals are regulated by OGUK (Oil and Gas UK Medical). Our occupational health physicians are approved by OGUK and have recognised PIN numbers which are published on the OGUK website.
BHSF Occupational Health's standard OGUK offshore medicals include:
- A comprehensive medical, social and occupational history
- Body mass index
- Appropriate clinical examination
- Further investigations as required*
* For an additional fee, the following tests and assessments can be added to the offshore medical package:
- Fit to train in water
- Working at height
- Working in confined spaces, which includes lung capacity testing
- Food handler
- Chester step
- Drug & alcohol
Individual appointments can be arranged at one of our clinic sites or alternatively, an authorised practitioner can attend your site to conduct multiple medicals. Please ensure all employees bring their photographic ID to their appointment.